Sunday 25 July 2010

Skirting the issue....

Hey you,


I have been feeling pretty low recently. I fractured my neck 18 months ago and it has still not healed. So, i have been sat around feeling all achy and sorry for myself. Boooo.


So, i needed a new project! I had some gorgeous fabric (from fabric rehab of course!), although not quite enough so i did a quick patchwork job, then used a really basic pattern for an A-line skirt and literally 40 mins later:




I decided it was a bit plain, so i made a flower rosette to accompany it. This was really easy although it took longer to make than the skirt did!I cut up some long lengths of co-ordinating fabric, and gathered it up, then sewed it to the skirt in a circle-ish shape. Then got some pink ribbon and wound it around into a rose shape, tacking it as i went. I am not sure it looks right though.....



No comments:

Post a Comment